Sunday, November 27, 2011

Peroneal tendonitis

PERONEAL TENDONITIS...this is what I have. I felt like running today but applied a bit of wisdom: Every time I have an injury, I decide to delay by at least a week my come back to activity. I found the culprit...my NEW shoes! I recently purchased a pair of Brooks Launch. I liked them, they're light, they feel good but they also cause my foot to roll outward a bit too much. It's ok to roll but it needs to be controlled and these shoes fail to do that. Consequence: Peroneal Tendonitis! I haven't run in more than a month and I can't wait to go back if only for a little 5k. I will buy a new pair of Asics Nimbus...the shoes that always worked for me. I am also going to tape my foot as demonstrated on this YouTube video....I really hope I can increase my distance fairly soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment