Monday, December 5, 2011

I just feel like sh*t...

Yes, you read it right! This is how I feel lately. Tired, frustrated and a whiny. I never whine, never! But today I'll make an exception.

Last week has been hard, I felt tired and swam only once. I did every other workout, some were better than others but today I just feel like I did not sleep for 72 hours.

Coach C. tells me I am adapting....but adapting from what? From everything I am used to do at this time of the year? I am not doing much more than previous years but, yes, I work harder. I give more and I have to say that I am doing weight training twice a week, something I haven't done while triathlon training. But other than that...that's it! Have I ever felt like that before? The answer is YES....twice! In December (!) 2009. My excuse for feeling like that was a marathon in October without any recovery before getting back to training...that was a good reason! The second time was in February 2010 while training for Ironman Canada. My coach just increased the long rides to 3.5 hours (not much) but I really felt it. Again...I had a valid reason for feeling like that. This time I don't see the reason....or do I?

I also have that nagging low level pain in my left foot...it's still there, creeping and stealing my energy! I am whining but I know how lucky I am to be healthy and able to afford that expensive sport. I am whining for nothing....I am whining because my body is adapting to increased stress I impose on it. I whine because I cannot complete all the workouts I am assigned.

Ah...just shut up Dom! Zip it!

2 comments:

  1. Stress is stress. It doesn't matter if it is from training or another area in your life... Hope you feel like your usual self soon!

    Noa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Noa said. You've had some new work challenges that have no doubt been taxing, and foot issues challenging you. A bad week isn't the end of the world.....

    Hope this week feels better for you!

    ReplyDelete